Monday, February 22, 2010

Reader_s virus!!!

Hey guys!!!

My pc got stuck up with a deadly virus last time n it took me a week to bring my pc back to normal. It is called as the reader_s virus n i tell u removing this is a PITA thing:)
Reader_s.exe can download additional forms of malware and can create a backdoor for hackers by opening a port. Reader_s.exe establishes a connection with a server outside the user’s computer. The virus will infect other executable files, making it hard to eliminate.

Let me tell u how i got infected with this virus. I received a virus alert from avira in my hp printer software. i gave ignore since i had to install it soon. That happened to be this *beep* virus which executed a series of registry tweaks n also opened up d ports for other viruses to enter. I guess i got almost each n every one of the problems everyone get by virus attacks. My USB ports dint work, couldn't give system restore, couldn't browse the cd drive, cannot view hidden files, cannot copy paste any file, cannot search, cannot edit regirstry, cannot open any exe file. There'll be no start menu n u've to jus gaze at ur wallpaper(which always looks cool in my pc:)) n jus shut down. I guess this is the ultimate virus which can take your OS to a unrepairable condition.

Even if you format n reinstall OS in ur cd drive, this virus is pretty intelligent n it has a counter attack too. The moment it is run in ur pc, it automatically copies itself to all ur drives. The only way now to recover is to format all drives. This virus is pretty intelligent; it has plan A.B,C etc., even if u try to stop it from running, it automatically executes d other plan. And u end up fighting with a wall!!

So, my advice ppl, don't ever give ignore to any threats found in ur system. It can cause insane effects. Also, two tools can be used immediately if u find u've been attacked by this virus. A tool called Hijackthis n another is Combo fix. These can remove this virus if it is in the initial stage.

Have Kaspersky or avira antivirus. These two re pretty good:) I recommend Kaspersky.

ciao ppl!!!


2 comments:

  1. What is ur say on Avast Antivirus? And my pc is devoid of internet updates and is prone to viruses because of usage of lotsa pen drives. Though by Grace, I haven't had to face such problems, I've a small hitch with the pc, the keyboard and mouse stop working when I click on some text entering field as soon as I start the pc. Otherwise, it is ood enough! Would like to know if there is someway to correct this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw very nice post da! :)

    Cheers
    Sri

    ReplyDelete